Workshop Day - Tuesday, August 17
Make the most out of this meeting by joining this 360 degree integrin pre-conference workshop day!
Opportunity at registration to choose 1, 2 or 3 workshops to attend
WORKSHOP A - Integrin Structure & Downstream Cell Signaling Regulation Boot Camp
09:00 - 11:30
Integrins perform crucial cellular functions, recognize both extracellular and intracellular ligands with extreme precision and fine-tuned affinity in a wide range. With over 80,000 papers published on integrins in the past 30 years, it can be overwhelming. These years of research along with recent breakthroughs culminate to better understanding of this complex target.
Join this crash course to:
• Further improve your targeting strategy of the complex structure and function of integrins
• Understanding the multilayered and cooperative regulatory mechanisms in integrin signaling
• Assess the multi-directional signaling of integrins across the membrane and the controls on the fidelity of the flow of information
• Explore the several interdependent layers of regulatory mechanisms to create signaling feedback loops
• Understand functional regions in the receptor architecture and how their functions are intertwined in order to modulate integrin signaling in a therapeutic setting
• Apply this into your drug discovery and development program to drive translational and clinical success
Postdoctoral Research Fellow
European Molecular Biology Laboratory
WORKSHOP B - Therapeutic Potential of Integrins: Lessons Learned & Beyond
12:00 – 14:30
Integrins present such a vast therapeutic potential, however the field has experienced high profile clinical setbacks. We are starting to see more and more recent success - to ensure this continues it is crucial to look back at the learnings of the past and use these to guide current decisions and ensure progress.
In this workshop, we will discuss the lessons learned from this experience to drive success in current clinical trials. Assess the therapeutic potential of integrins to elevate what we know and see what the future of therapies targeting integrins might look like.
WORKSHOP C - Deep Dive into Integrin Selectivity & Specificity
15:00 - 17:30
The integrin family contains a broad range of targets for drug candidates, and the need to target both the alpha and beta subunits means a high level of specificity is required in the drug design. A lack of specificity can lead to fatal consequences due to healthy cells and systems being targeted.
This pre-conference workshop, led by Pliant Therapeutics, will guide you through how to ensure razor sharp targeting throughout your discovery and development process of an integrin-targeted candidate:
• Deep dive into the current approach on selectivity and specificity
• How it is being tackled by the industry through better understanding of biology and medicinal chemistry
• How to ensure success in the next generation of integrin-targeted drug candidates
Vice President of Translational Sciences
Vice President of Drug Discovery
Professor & Vice Chair of Pharmaceutical Chemistry
University of California, San Francisco
Vice President & Head of Chemistry